Brassica Extra Early Collection x 32 plants Growing Chart
- Plant Outdoors
Our products are all grown with the utmost care and to high standards of quality. We regularly check our nursery stock to determine exactly when they will be at the optimum time for despatch.
We despatch our fresh, nursery-grown live plants (including vegetables, trees and flowers) when they are at a stage of growth ready for you, the customer, to plant on at home.
The delivery period shown on your order confirmation indicates when you can expect to receive your order and we will endeavour to despatch your plants in this period within 7-14 days
23 out of the 24 plants are doing well
The plants I received were in good condition, they have been replanted into cell trays they appear to be growing well
Brassica Extra Early Collection x 32 plants
- Caulis and cabbages for the whole summer
- Ready from plot to plate in around 10 weeks
- National Vegetable Society and Royal Horticultural Society approved
We’ve stolen a march on Mother Nature just for you by giving you cabbage plants in March that we’ve sown in autumn and overwintered to go into the ground in your garden from March. They’ll be ready in 8-10 weeks for harvesting for the kitchen for tasty spring and summer dishes.
Your collection includes 8 plants each of:
- Broccoli (Calabrese) Marathon - Produces dense blue-green, finely beaded succulent heads from May.
- Cabbage Duncan - One of the best spring cabbages, producing firm, pointed heads in May but can be picked before maturity and eaten as 'spring greens' in April.
- Cauliflower Maybach - An excellent, early maturing variety that will not 'blow' in warm weather.
- Brussels Sprout Clodius - Dependable solid, round sprouts ready in time for the Christmas period and continuing for the remainder of winter when other green vegetables are scarce.
The plants may not look as fresh as spring-sown plants on arrival BUT these recover quickly. The plants will be taller and have some yellow leaves which will either fall off or green up as the plant gets growing.
These plants should give you harvests from May – and the great thing is that you’ll have collected your cabbage and cauliflowers before persistent brassica pests like cabbage white butterflies and whiteflies make an appearance.
We suggest you prepare your planting bed by digging over and adding some pre-planting fertiliser to get your soil plant-ready. Brassicas like cabbages and cauliflowers like firm soil so pat the soil down around every plant at planting time.See Full Description +
- Quantity 32x Brassica Plants, 8x of Each Variety
- Row Spacing 30-45cm
If you would like us to email you when this product comes back into stock, please login or register first