Extra Early Brassicas Collection x64 Plants & FREE Collars Growing Chart
- Plant Outdoors
Our products are all grown with the utmost care and to high standards of quality. We regularly check our nursery stock to determine exactly when they will be at the optimum time for despatch.
We despatch our fresh, nursery-grown live plants (including vegetables, trees and flowers) when they are at a stage of growth ready for you, the customer, to plant on at home.
The delivery period shown on your order confirmation indicates when you can expect to receive your order and we will endeavour to despatch your plants in this period within 7-14 days
Extra Early Brassicas Collection x64 Plants & FREE Collars
We've stolen a march on Mother Nature by sowing seed of three specially selected varieties and then gently growing the plants on over the winter under controlled cool greenhouse conditions.
These sturdy young plants are ready to send to you and plant out in mid/late March, some eight to 10 weeks earlier than the main brassica planting period. To encourage the earliest possible crops we recommend that you protect your young plants with fleece or cloches.
Our Extra Early Brassica Collection includes:
- 16x Broccoli (Calabrese) Marathon Plants - Produces dense blue-green, finely beaded succulent heads from May.
- 16x Cabbage Duncan Plants - One of the best spring cabbages, producing firm, pointed heads in May but can be picked before maturity and eaten as 'spring greens' in April.
- 16x Cauliflower Maybach Plants - An excellent, early maturing variety that will not 'blow' in warm weather.
- 16x Brussels Sprout Clodius Plants - Dependable solid, round sprouts ready in time for the Christmas period and continuing for the remainder of winter when other green vegetables are scarce.
- 2x Packs of 30 Brassica Collars - A simple solution to stop the cabbage root fly, a notorious allotment pest that can cause serious damage to your brassica crops.
The Extra Early Brassicas have been sown in October and overwintered undercover with frost protection. The plants are tough, sturdy and stocky ready hardened off for immediate planting on arrival.
The plants will not look as fresh as spring sown plants BUT don’t be alarmed! The plants will be taller and have some yellow leaves which will either fall off or green up as the plant gets growing. The plants are typical of those planted by commercial growers up and down the country and will thrive in prepared soil.
These plants will crop six to eight weeks earlier in your garden than spring raised crops and give your first flush of produce from your garden – and what’s more many will have cropped before persistent brassica pests are around like caterpillars and whitefly.See Full Description +
- Quantity 64x Plants, 16x of Each Variety & 60x Collars
- Row Spacing 30 - 45cm
If you would like us to email you when this product comes back into stock, please login or register first
Stock Status: Out of stock