Know your catalogue codes?Quick Shop
Lavatera Seeds - Twins Mix Growing Chart
- Sow Outdoors
Our products are all grown with the utmost care and to high standards of quality. We regularly check our nursery stock to determine exactly when they will be at the optimum time for despatch.
We despatch our fresh, nursery-grown live plants (including vegetables, trees and flowers) when they are at a stage of growth ready for you, the customer, to plant on at home.
The delivery period shown on your order confirmation indicates when you can expect to receive your order and we will endeavour to despatch your plants in this period within 7-14 days
Seeds arrived speedily ..,
These are not good so far only have about 4 we baby plants ,
Lavatera Seeds - Twins Mix
A lovely annual Mix of mallows great in containers, flowerbeds or even in wild patches of the garden to encourage bees and butterflies.
Blooms appear in mid-summer until September offering a long flowering season, and so impressive won a coveted ‘Euroselect’ award for being particularly garden-worthy.
Sowing small seeds in seed trays (lobelia, foxgloves)
1) Fill a seed tray / half seed tray with seed compost – which is light and contains a small but balance level of nutrients in the soil. Overfill and strike excess soil off with a board so that the seed tray is filled to the top with un-compressed soil.
2) Press the soil down evenly with a seedboard so there is a 1cm lip at the top.
3) Submerge the seed tray into a waterbath beneath so that the soil slowly absorbs the moisture from the bottom without disturbing the soil on top.
4) Sprinkle seed evenly on the soil level using the furrows in your palm and tapping the seed off with the other hand.
5) Cover the seeds with a small layer of vermiculite or perlite.
6) Water above with a fine hose and add fungicide to the first watering to guard against damping off.
7) Label and date the seeds and place in a cool light place
Sowing directly outdoors
1) Use a rake to level the surface and create a crumble-like tilth. At this point remove any weeds or large stones etc.
2) Water the surface prior to sowing. This is better than watering over the top of seeds once they are sown as the force of the water can displace the seeds unevenly.
3) Thinly scatter the seed over the soil. Pour the seed into the palm then tap lightly with the other hand to distribute the seed evenly over the area of soil.
4) Use a rake to gently cover the seeds with soil.
5) Before you forget where the row is and what you’ve sown, place a label in the soil at one end.
6) Remember to water in dry spells
If you want your plants to germinate quickly you can put down a horticultural fleece over the soil – this helps retain the heat in the soil, and doubles up as protection from hungry seed-eating birds.
See Full Description +
- Quantity 1 packet of 30 seeds
- Height 60-90cm (24-36 in)
- Sowing distance 30cm
Delivery: Mid March to Late August