Nasturtium Seeds - 4 in 1 Collection Growing Chart
- Sow Indoors
- Sow Outdoors
Our products are all grown with the utmost care and to high standards of quality. We regularly check our nursery stock to determine exactly when they will be at the optimum time for despatch.
We despatch our fresh, nursery-grown live plants (including vegetables, trees and flowers) when they are at a stage of growth ready for you, the customer, to plant on at home.
The delivery period shown on your order confirmation indicates when you can expect to receive your order and we will endeavour to despatch your plants in this period within 7-14 days
Never came here, awful delivery service
These are lovely and have been planted
Nasturtium Seeds - 4 in 1 Collection
An unbeatable collection of bright and beautiful top-performing varieties. Nasturtiums grow well even in poor soils and look truly stunning in beds, borders and growing up a trellis in containers.
Nasturtiums look good and taste great too, having a sweet yet peppery flavour. So great for the garden and great in salads.
Includes seeds of:
Here’s how to sow seeds for successful germination…..
1) Fill a 6-9cm pot or cell tray with seed compost – which is light and contains a small but balance level of nutrients in the soil. Overfill the pot or cell trays and strike excess soil off so that the seed tray is filled to the top with un-compressed soil.
2) Water soil from underneath by placing the tray in a container of water, letting the soil absorb the water from underneath. After about two-to five minutes remove from the container of water.
3) Press the seed into individual cells or pots the soil to a depth of about 2cm using a dibber or pencil.
4) Cover the seeds with more of the seed-compost.
5) Water above with a watering can with sprinkler (rose) and add fungicide to the first watering to guard against damping off.
6) Label and date the seeds and place in a cool light place.
Sowing directly outdoors
1) Use a rake to level the surface and create a crumble-like tilth. At this point remove any weeds or large stones etc.
2) Water the surface prior to sowing. This is better than watering over the top of seeds once they are sown as the force of the water can displace the seeds unevenly.
3) Thinly scatter the seed over the soil. Pour the seed into the palm then tap lightly with the other hand to distribute the seed evenly over the area of soil.
4) Use a rake to gently cover the seeds with soil.
5) Before you forget where the row is and what you’ve sown, place a label in the soil at one end.
6) Remember to water in dry spells
If you want your plants to germinate quickly you can put down a horticultural fleece over the soil – this helps retain the heat in the soil, and doubles up as protection from hungry seed-eating birds.
See Full Description +
- Quantity 4 packets of seeds, 1 of each listed
- Height 25cm (10 in)
- Sowing distance 30cm
Delivery: 5-7 Working Days