Ordering / Delivery Information
Useful information on your order
Our products are all grown with the utmost care and to high standards of quality. We regularly check our nursery stock to determine exactly when they will be at the optimum time for despatch.
We despatch our fresh, nursery-grown live plants (including vegetables, trees and flowers) when they are at a stage of growth ready for you, the customer, to plant on at home.
The items have to be despatched when they are ready, often at the rate of several thousand per day, and so we regret that we are unable to accept requests for them to be held for despatch on or after specific dates.
- To place a telephone order with us, please call our order line on 0844 573 8400. Calls cost 7p per minute + your telephone companies charge.
Flower & Vegetable Plants
The delivery period shown on your order confirmation indicates when you can expect to receive your order and we will endeavour to despatch your plants in this period within 7-14 days but due to the nature of live products and other factors such as weather this is not always possible and delays may occur. Please check our website and your account for updates. As gardener’s yourselves we do hope that you will understand this.
Live plants are sent by first and second class post early in the week to ensure that they are delivered before the weekend. Dormant plants will usually be sent by second class post or carrier.
These will be sent to you during the delivery periods stated and normally take 7 to 14 working days but please allow for busy periods, particularly at the start of the despatch period.
Some types of fruit like strawberries and raspberries are best sent to you when they are in a dormant stage, and so may appear dry and lifeless. Once you plant them up however their roots will establish and they’ll soon put on good stem growth when the weather warms up in spring.
Potato, Onion, Shallot and Garlic Orders
We will send these to you during the delivery periods stated and normally take 7 to 10 working days but please allow for busy periods, particularly at the start of the despatch period.
Seed and Gardening Equipment/Products
Are delivered between 7-10 days, unless the product ordered states otherwise.
With all orders
When your order has been despatched you will receive an email notification letting you know it’s on its way.
We take great care to ensure that everything you receive from Unwins is of the highest quality. That's why we have no hesitation in giving you a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. " Should anything fail to meet your expectations when delivered or should any item fail to grow satisfactorily, then you can be certain we'll put it right given reasonable care and protection against infestation, disease and poor weather conditions. We will provide a replacement or refund, together with helpful, friendly advice."
That's Our Promise Delivering the quality you need, at the time you need it to guarantee the best results!
Orders are usually delivered within 7 - 10 working days. Plants, seed potatoes, onion sets and fruit trees are despatched at the appropriate time for planting, please see our delivery program for more specific information.
As you'll be aware, a number of our products cannot survive being subjected to temperatures below zero. Due to the very cold weather in large parts of the country, we may delay some deliveries to ensure they reach you in the best possible condition.
-Please be advised that NON UK orders may take longer.
*Delivered all year round
- UK Mainland - to cover the costs of postage, packing and insurance the cost is £7.99 for some extra large and heavy items (we offer Free P&P on some of our items- look out for the banners) or £4.99 per order for plants and hardware or just £1.99 if ordering seed only. Additional delivery charges may apply on multiple quantities of heavy or bulky products.
- UK Non-Mainland (Northern Ireland and Highlands and Islands) - for heavy and bulky items (including all raised beds, tunnels and Organic Extra), we reserve the right to contact you to amend delivery costs, subject to your approval, to reflect additional delivery costs. The cost is £4.99 PLUS £5.90 for trees and other large bulky items, surcharges can range from between £14 - £20 dependant on your area. Please contact Customer Services for further information.
- Channel Islands - due to Channel Islands import restrictions we regret that we are unable to supply items other than seed. Generally the cost is £3.99 per order.
- European Union (including Republic of Ireland) - We are only able to send Seeds to the EU. The delivery charge for seed only orders is £3.99. We are able to ship many other items to the Republic of Ireland. Please contact us on 0344 573 8400 for a delivery quotation.