Competitions and prize draws terms and conditions
Summer of Love prize draw – 15th July to 25th August 2019
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
- Promoter: Unwins, 61 Malone Road, Belfast, BT9 6SA.
- Eligibility: The draw is open to all UK (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) residents who are 18 years or over excluding employees and their immediate families of SE Marshall and Company, its agents, retailers or anyone professionally connected with this promotion.
- Promotional Period: The draw opens for the receipt of entries 15th July and closes at 11.59 on 25 August 2019.
The draw takes place 30 August 2019.
- Entry Instructions:
- Entry is made by submitting your details via our web form at: https://www.unwins.co.uk/competitions.html
- Only one entry per person per week for the duration of the promotion, no matter how many purchases. Max one prize per household.
- Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries/claims will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries or claims delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
- Bulk entries made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries or via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified. If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) or multiple aliases to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’, masking their identity by manipulating IP addresses, using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that participant’s entries into the Promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the Promotion, that person’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- No purchase necessary
- The Prize: There are six prizes in total with a different prize on offer each week during the promotional period:
- Prize 1 – entry period 15th July to 21st July 2019: Strawberry collection containing - Strawberry vibrant young plants x 6, Marshalls Vegetable Compost x 3, GroBed x 1, Soft Fruit Fertiliser x 1
- Prize 2 – entry period 22nd July to 28th July 2019: FloPro Elite Tripod sprinkler x 1
- Prize 3 – entry period 29th July to 4th August 2019: Pond collection containing - Corinthian Graphite style bowl x 1, Pond plant collection x 1
- Prize 4 – entry period 5th August to 11th August 2019: Kitchen Garden collection containing - Unwins Windowsill salad kit x 1, Unwins Windowsill herb kit x 1
- Prize 5 – entry period 12th August to 18th August 2019: Garden maintenance collection containing - Big Tom tomato feed x 1, Resolva bug and Mildew spray x 1, Eraza Zero slug killer x 1, Kent and Stow Dead Heading set x 1
- Prize 6 – entry period 19th August to 25th August 2019: Secret Garden dining station x 1
Requests for substitutes will not be accepted.
- Winner Selection: There will be 6 winners selected (1 winner per week per prize) via a computer system producing random results on 30 August 2019.
- Winner Notification: The winners will be notified via the contact details provided and will have 7 days to claim. In order to claim a prize the promoter may ask for a copy of your passport proving your legal name at the time of entry, both must match in order to validate a prize. In the event of a non-claim the promoter reserves the right to reallocate the prize with no liability.
- General: No responsibility can be taken for entries or claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
- There are no cash alternatives to the prizes available in whole or in part except in the event of circumstances outside its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar alternative of equal or greater value. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter the prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
- The Promoter does not guarantee continuous uninterrupted or secure access to the website. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of the Website. No responsibility will be accepted for any difficulties in entering or any entries delayed or corrupted.
- The decisions of the Promoter are final in all promotional matters.
- For winner(s) full names and counties please write to the promoter within 3 months of the closing date enclosing a self-addressed envelope, please mark your envelope for the attention of the Marketing Department.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions , at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies accept no liability for any loss, expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person's negligence) in connection with the Promotion and/or prizes, other than such liability that cannot be excluded by law including death or personal injury through negligence, where liability shall be limited to the minimum permissible by law.
- By entering the draw, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted the terms and condition.
- By entering the draw entrants consent to being contacted by Unwins Ltd and its brands for the purpose of being informed of news, products & promotions.
- If selected, each individual grants Unwins Ltd and its agents the right to use their name and county in any publicity carried out by Westland Horticulture in any and all media worldwide now known or hereinafter developed, for a fixed period of five years and without further consideration or notice to the participant.
- Any question concerning the legal interpretation of the rules will be based on Northern Ireland law and the Northern Ireland Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.